A TAIEX Workshop on Water and Waste Water Management will be held on 24 June 2010 in Bursa, Turkey.
The aim of the workshop is to present the EU water and waste water management policy, the implementation and enforcement of EU Directives and the policy in Turkey. The following issues will be discussed during the seminar:
- implementation of the 2000/60/EC (Water Framework Directive) in EU countries,
- understanding of groundwater and surface water pollution monitoring,
- integrated basin management,
- implementation of Directive 2006/11/EC (Pollution Caused By Certain Dangerous Substances Discharged Into The Aquatic Environment),
- waste water management.
The following EU legislation will be covered:
- Directive 2006/11/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on pollution caused by certain dangerous substances discharged into the aquatic environment of the Community
- Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a framework for Community action in the field of water policy.
For more information please read the agenda or visit the web site: http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/taiex